PRODUCTS FROM PERLITE
ZGUREX - For foundries
It is a rock-based material pearlitic dried and shredded that is used to eliminate the slag from the foundry pot in foundries.
The Perlite is a volcanic rock that by heat treatment at 1000 degrees Celsius, expands.
The expanded Perlite is a granular product with granulations between 0-6 mm, white. It has a very porous internal structure obtained by the loss of water of constitution through thermal shock. Is a light aggregate, having between 40 -120 kg / m3, it is brittle, chemically neutral and sterile.
Because of the porosity, it has a high adsorption capacity / retention of the water in the pores, the aeration of the substrates where it is applied. It is also a very good phonic and insulating, being used both in cryogenics and in hot sectors.
By chemical treatment, expanded perlite becomes hydrophobic and oleophilic, having the ability to selectively adsorb petroleum and oil products.
Expanded perlite has multiple uses, depending on the range:
- Phonic and thermal insulation in civil and industrial construction, in metallurgy and in cryogenics;
- To manufacture plasters, mortars and screeds, lightweight and insulating;
- As filtering material in the food industry (winemaking, brewing, vegetable oils, natural juices);
- As filtering material in the chemical industry;
- Purification of industrial gases;
- As adsorbent material in case of accidental pollution by oil products and vegetable oils;
- As substrate germination / rooting flowers, vegetables, grape vines, fruit trees and ornamental, both in space.
Protected: conservatories, solariums, hydro-cultures, and in the open field: arable land, orchards and vineyards.
We have a full range of products for uses above mentioned.